ICF’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values
The Iraqi Children Foundation intervenes with love and hope in the lives of Iraqi children who are vulnerable to extremists, criminals, human traffickers, abuse, and neglect.
The mission of the Iraqi Children Foundation is to partner with Iraqis and Americans to invest in Iraq’s orphans, street children, and displaced children by –
- Being a voice for children with no voice
- Mobilizing resources to invest in education, health, protection, and trauma care
- Emphasizing sustainable hand-up initiatives over hand-outs
- Investing in training and capacity building of Iraqis caring for children
- Each child’s inherent dignity and worth. ICF will love, respect, and serve the most vulnerable children of Iraq, regardless of ethnic or tribal background, gender, religious affiliation, or disability.
- Teamwork. ICF humbly recognizes that it is in partnership with valued Iraqi and US partners that we can together achieve more than we can achieve alone.
- Integrity. ICF is committed to both personal and corporate integrity in order to earn and keep the trust of donors and partners.
- Transparency. ICF will demonstrate transparency and excellence in financial stewardship as well as in disclosure of project performance results.
- Sustainability: While occasionally providing a hand-out for emergency humanitarian needs, ICF will emphasize sustained investment in projects that give a “hand up” to Iraq’s most vulnerable children by providing access to protection, education, health care and psychosocial support.
- Nonpartisanship. ICF is an independent, nonpartisan, nonsectarian charity.